Voter Facilitation Centers (VFC) will function from 11th Feb 2009 in various Urban based Assembly Constituencies (in Karnataka, for other states refer to your respective election commission website). VFCs are citizen friendly centers to facilitate citizens on electoral roll issues and Electoral Photo Identity Cards (EPIC) card. Following are the functions of VFCs.
- Voter Facilitation Centers (VFC) will assist the citizen to know whether his/her name is included in the electoral roll.
- If the name is not included, he/she will be assisted to get his/her name included in the electoral roll.
- VFCs will assist the citizen to carry out modifications inthe electoral roll, if required.
- VFCs educate the voter on his/her respective part/poling station.
- VFCs will generate and distribute EPIC.
- VFCs will ensure that within 10 days, the elector's request in Form 6,7,8 or 8A is acted upon and the result known to the citizens.
What's the first step?
What all documents you need?
Why should I get my Voter ID Card?
- To Vote: You must have the Voter ID (EPIC) card to exercise your democratic right to vote.
- Legitimate proof of your citizenship, address, age, etc... You can use Voter ID card as a proof of your identity in all the government offices and all most all non-govt offices/organizations.
Some more details:
- Voters' Facilitation Centres (VFCs) in Urban Constituencies in Karnataka. Find the address, phone numbers of nearest VFCs or voter registration centers (In karnataka).
- The Chief Electoral Officer of Karnataka. You can find all the details regarding your registration, electoral rolls, updating your info etc.
- Click here or here to download forms.
- FAQs at jaagore.com.
- A guide for the Voters.
Related Articles posted earlier: